Yes, that was an intentional game of thrones reference. Most of us dread the first few signs of winter. Days get shorter, follow that with the first snowfall and I'm pretty much ready to hibernate like a bear, but there are so many things that we under appreciate about the cold weather. I love layering up in a blanket scarf and cozy sweater, drinking red wine, and bingeing my favorite netflix show without the fomo of missing out on patio drinks with the girls. Below is a list of the 8 essential pieces you need to survive the harsh northern weather, and look cute while doing it.
1. Cozy sweater: Its no surprise that this is the # 1 item on the list, everyone has their go to sweater for when the cold weather hits. This turtle neck is the perfect fall sweater because you can style it to be dressed up or down. Pair it with a fun skirt or wear with jeans for a weekend look or a casual office outfit.
2. Blanket scarf: The second most essential pieces to surviving the tundra we call home. I love blanket scarves because they can be worn so many ways, or used as a blanket while traveling.
3. Large Tote Bag: You'll need somewhere to put your gloves, scarf and hat while you're out for dinner or at the mall. This weekend bag fits an absurd amount of stuff, and comes with a long adjustable strap.
4. Skinny Jeans: so comfortable you'd think they were leggings. You'll definitely need a skinny jean to tuck into boots. Dress it up with a pair of pumps for date night.
5. Pendant necklace: Quinsco Zoe necklace, is the perfect length to wear over a sweater, and can be dressed up or down.
6. Statement leggings: These heavy knit leggings have a houndstooth pattern, add a bit of sophistication to your basic legging, with the pin tuck seam down the center.
7. Long sleeve tee: layer up in a mock neck tee. Made of bamboo, this top is super soft and is made to reduce any excess moisture that may result from layering up.
8. Basic Tank for Layering: I love this peplum tank, it gives a little definition to the waist, and the neckline is flattering for all bust sizes. It's best worn under a jacket because of the extra volume at the bottom.